Engineering opportunities with ExxonMobil in Nigeria
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental/Safety Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Typical work locations
- Lagos or Eket, Nigeria
- Potential assignments in Houston, Texas, other worldwide affiliate offices and worldwide construction site offices
What can ExxonMobil do for me?
As an Engineer with ExxonMobil in Nigeria, you will have the opportunity to:
- work with a diverse technical team of incredibly talented people
- apply your knowledge, ideas, experience, and skills to solve complex engineering challenges
- gain expertise in the application of state-of-the-art industry leading engineering tools and techniques
- contribute to a world class organization by utilizing your personal drive, initiative, creativity, and commitment to excellence
- experience assignments both within and outside of your academic background to expose you to all aspects of safety, environmental protection, process and mechanical design, construction, operations, maintenance, surveillance for offshore & onshore structures, hydrocarbon processing facilities, drilling, subsurface and reservoir engineering
- rotate jobs early in your career to allow you to determine in which area you want to develop expert skills.
New hire development programs have been developed with the goal of providing you with early career competency through on-the-job assignments and responsibilities as well as through structured formal training in your initial engineering discipline assignment.
As your career progresses, higher level training and job assignments are individually structured to allow your specific career objectives to be met.
What is a typical Engineering career path?
With the breadth of engineering involved in our industry and the early career exposure opportunities, there is no ‘typical’ career path for an Engineer. For example, as a Chemical Engineer, you might:
- begin your career in an assignment in Reservoir Engineering to gain an understanding of the nature of the ‘supply’ side of the business
- then rotate to an Operational assignment to build your hands-on "field" experience
- and then move into Facilities/ Process assignments to pursue your longer term career and personal interests.
As an Engineer with ExxonMobil in Nigeria, you may have the opportunity to:
- work with operating units to maximize profit by improving efficiencies and ensuring plants operate at desired target
- develop and apply new technology
- provide your expertise to many operations through plant consulting
- develop technical and business process bases and process design for capital projects as well as construction and start-up activities
- develop your business skills through material inventory management and service agreement negotiations
Worldwide, ExxonMobil is committed to maintaining a global standard of technical excellence and common standards for professional advancement based on individual merit and contribution regardless of location or nationality.