Brexit situation evolves
At this point the situation still remains very uncertain under which conditions the United Kingdom (UK) will continue to trade with the EU Member States. The EU-UK Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations face many roadblocks and it is unclear whether a deal will be concluded and ratified by the end of 2020. However, with or without an FTA in place, customs formalities will apply to the movement of goods between the EU and the UK. as of 1st January 2021.
As you will understand, given the uncertainties surrounding the end of the transition period, it is nearly impossible to anticipate the level of disruption that may happen in the days following Exit Day. We recognize the impact it may have on your planning and encourage you to work with your ExxonMobil commercial representative. He / she remains your first point of contact within our company.
The provisions listed in this document are meant to allow continuity of business during the period following “Exit Day’” during which we expect some uncertainties to remain. We will keep you posted as the situation evolves.
- Please find hereunder a few changes where you may have to take swift action in order to minimize disruption:
- Prepare to Pay or Account for VAT on Imported Goods,
- Apply for a UK Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number,
- Check if your company is eligible for the delayed declarations process in order to simplify your imports of standard goods into the UK,
- Be ready to supply to us additional data required to manage export & import formalities in order to minimize delays,
- Define how your company meets the conditions to benefit from the transition period laid out for UK REACH compliance,
- Look at options to maximize your inventory ahead of December 31st, 2020.
- Be prepared for the fact that UK origin product will no longer carry EU preferential origin status
We hope that this information will provide you with the necessary reassurance of our commitment to manage this transition in compliance with all existing regulations.