ExxonMobil has developed a new category of fuels that meets Emission Control Area (ECA) requirements, and is designed to help reduce your operational complexity. Additional benefits of our ECA fuels include:
- Helping your vessels comply with the 2015 ECA sulphur limit of 0.10 per cent
- Providing quick, safe switchovers with heavy fuel oil (HFO), due to the viscosity and heating requirements
- A higher flashpoint than gas oil, providing safer operation of engines – and especially large boilers
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™ has received No Objection Letters from MAN Diesel & Turbo (MDT) and is currently used by a range of operators. It is available for vessels operating in the Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp (ARA) regions.
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™ fuel meets and exceeds ISO 8217: 2012 RMD 80. This fuel also provides:
- No residual material, leading to cleaner engines* without cat-fines and low ash buildup
- Excellent ignition quality, as well as excellent lubricity
- Better volumetric energy content compared with MGO
Switching to a low-sulphur fuel presents new lubrication challenges when compared to the use of HFO. ExxonMobil has developed Mobilgard™ 525, a high-quality cylinder oil specially designed to support marine operators operating on 0.10 per cent sulphur fuel.
*Compared to heavy fuel oil