Mobilgard™ 525 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 525 cylinder oil provides optimal engine protection while meeting the 2015 Emission Control Area sulphur requirements. It helps prevent deposit formation and scuffing-related engine wear that can occur when using 0.10 per cent sulphur fuel.
Additional benefits of Mobilgard 525 cylinder oil may include:
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability to ensure performance in a variety of engine conditions
- Longer piston overhaul intervals
- Helping decrease maintenance costs
In conjunction with ExxonMobil’s Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service, Mobilgard 525 oil can help operators protect engines and optimise feed rates while using low sulphur distillate fuels.
Mobilgard 525 cylinder oil has received No Objection Letters from Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd. (formerly Wärtsilä) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
*ExxonMobil recommends Mobilgard 525 oil for use in Tier I and Tier II engines operating on low-sulphur distillate.
Interested in Learning more?
Mobilgard™ 525 cylinder oil provides excellent protection for slow-speed marine engines operating on distillate fuels with up to 0.5 per cent sulphur. Mobilgard 525 cylinder oil has been engineered using a balanced formulation approach that leverages leading technology and application expertise. It can help:
- Combat deposits and scuffing-related engine wear associated with low-sulphur fuels
- Deliver excellent performance and cleanliness with low-sulphur fuel due to detergent technology formulation
- Provide excellent thermal and oxidative stability to ensure performance in a variety of engine conditions
- Control piston groove deposits, which is critical for distillate fuel operation
Mobilgard 560 VS
Mobilgard™ 560 VS by ExxonMobil is a high performance, marine diesel engine cylinder oil designed for use in crosshead engines running heavy fuel with sulfur levels from 0.5-4%.Learn more
Engineered for compliance, Mobilgard™ 540 cylinder oil provides optimal protection for vessels operating on 0.50% sulphur fuels under the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) 2020 emission regulations.Learn more