Mobilgard™ 540 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 540 cylinder oil provides optimal protection for two-stroke marine diesel engines operating on 0.50% sulphur fuels that comply with the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) 2020 emission regulations, including ExxonMobil’s EMF.5™ range.
The cylinder oil has passed stringent fit-for-use testing and has undergone extensive field trials, meeting OEM requirements for WinGD and MAN Energy Services.
Mobilgard 540 cylinder offers a range of benefits:
- Combats deposit build-up and scuffing-related engine wear associated with the use of 0.50% sulphur fuels
- Thermal and oxidative stability helps ensure engine performance in a wide range of operating conditions
- Acid neutralisation properties can help maintain engine cleanliness and reduce component wear rates
In conjunction with ExxonMobil’s Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service, Mobilgard 540 oil can help operators protect engines and optimise feed rates while using 0.50% sulphur fuels.
Mobilgard 540 is available in major ports around the world. It is also be available at additional locations through ExxonMobil’s delivery network, in bulk and in packs. Details are available via ExxonMobil’s Ports and Services guide.
Engineered for compliance
Watch our latest video to find out more about our newly formulated Mobilgard™ 540 cylinder oil, specially formulated for use with 0.50% sulphur fuels that comply with the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) 2020 emissions cap.
Features and Benefits
- Thermal and oxidation stability can lead to reduced deposits and sludge formation, which can reduce component wear
- Antiwear properties and anti-scuffing control potentially reduce liner and ring wear
- Detergency capability leads to potentially cleaner pistons and liners and can help extend periods between overhauls
- Marine crosshead engines
|Specific Gravity at 15ºC|