Mobil Velocite SM Series
Mobil Industrial, China
Premium quality Sewing Machine Oils
The Mobil Velocite SM series are premium quality oils specifically formulated for the lubrication of high-speed machine elements in industrial sewing machines. They are available in three viscosity grades, Mobil Velocite SM 10 (ISO VG 10), Mobil Velocite SM 15 (ISO VG 15) and Mobil Velocite SM 22 (ISO VG 22). These oils are formulated from very high quality, hydro-treated, low viscosity base oils and additives to provide improved thermal, oxidation and color stability.
Features and Benefits
The Mobil Velocite SM oils provide exceptional lubrication of the various machine elements in industrial sewing machines, as well as meeting the key application requirements of color stability, anti-stain and washability. Although the Mobil Velocite SM oils are designed for industrial sewing machines, they exhibit the required properties to function as light hydraulic oils, provided the proper viscosity grade is selected.
Mobil Velocite SM oils offer the following benefits:
- Excellent lubrication and protection of moving parts, such as bearings, worm gears and cams, resulting in reduced downtime and energy loss
- Excellent oxidation stability retards product deterioration, extending oil life
- Enhanced color stability ensures product does not change color and stain fabric after exposure to heat and light
- Good water washability characteristic
- Effective protection against corrosion resulting in long equipment life and reduced maintenance
- High-speed components of industrial sewing machines
- High-speed bearings and spindles
- Hydraulic applications where low viscosity oils are recommended
|Mobil Velocite SM||10||15||22|
|ISO Viscosity Grade||10||15||22|
|Density @ 15°C, ASTM D 4052, kg/L||0.829||0.845||0.856|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40°C||9.9||14.6||21.0|
|cSt @ 100°C||2.7||3.4||4.2|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D2270||106||102||101|
|Pour Point, °C, ASTM D97||-24||-18||-15|
|Flash Point, °C, ASTM D92||170||184||200|
|Total Acid Number, ASTM D664, mgKOH/g||0.03||0.03||0.03|
|Copper strip corrosion, ASTM D130, 3 hrs @ 100°C||1A||1A||1A|
|Oxidation stability, 168 hrs||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|Increase in Total Acid Number, mgKOH/g|
|Color stability, day light @ ambient temp||No Change||No Change||No Change|
|for two weeks|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS's are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
The Mobil logotype and the Pegasus design are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.