Mobil Industrial, Czech Republic
Premium Quality Fully Compounded Cold Rolling Oils
Somentor™ EH and EL Series are premium quality fully compounded cold rolling oils formulated with high quality base oils and carefully selected additives to enhance lubricity, load carrying ability and oxidation stability for extreme cold rolling operations. Somentor E series grades are suitable for the cold rolling of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals and offer unmatched versatility by enabling optimum performance in terms of reduction, speed, and brightness to be achieved.
Features and Benefits
Somentor EH and EL Series oils are formulated to provide quality production of cold rolled parts made from high carbon, stainless steel, copper and copper alloys. Features and benefits include:
- Specialised chemistry permits optimum performance in terms of pass schedules, mill power and brightness to be achieved.
- Excellent filterability permitting optimum life to be achieved
- Minimal tendency for soap formation due to high chemical and oxidation stability
- Efficient cooling properties achieved through low viscosity and excellent lubrication performance.
- High chemical and oxidation stability minimises requirement for additive top-ups during use; this also prolongs coolant bath life.
- Ability to match the precise/more demanding operating requirements by blending complementary products.
Somentor EH and EL Series provide effective lubrication, cooling and filterability during all rolling applications, even under the severe conditions. These metal forming oils are recommended in the following applications:
- Cold rolling of high carbon, stainless steel, copper and copper alloys
- Suitable for use on four-hi and six-hi mills, 20 hi multi-roll mills, and tandem multi-roll operations.
- Somentor EL 45/EH 45 can be used to compensate viscosity increases of Somentor EL 70/EH 70 respectively during service
- Somentor EL Series provide excellent performance in bright annealing processes
- Somentor EH 70 is suitable for rectification operations and band polishing
- Somentor E series products are suitable for use in hydraulic systems to reduce contamination effects, depending on pump suitability for low viscosity fluids.
- Somentor E series grades are suitable for use in multi roll back-up bearing systems, with the exception of Somentor EH 45
|Somentor EH Series|
|Grade||EH 45||EH 70||EL 45||EL 70|
|Appearance, Visual||Bright and Clear||Bright and Clear||Clear and Bright||Clear and Bright|
|Kinematic Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|mm2/s @ 40ºC||4.2||7.53||4.2||7.3|
|mm2 /s @ 100ºC|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-15||-27||-12||-21|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||136||158||142||158|
|Density @15 ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052||830||857||823||851|
|Neutralization Number, mgKOH/g,||‹0.05||‹0.05||‹0.05||‹0.05|
|Saponification Number, mgKOH/g, ISO 6293||30||30||9||9|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet on (insert Internet address). This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
The Mobil logotype, the Pegasus design, and Somentor are trademarks of ExxonMobil Corporation, or one of its subsidiaries.