In the most general form, the following formula can be used to determine your cost savings: Savings over time = (Costs associated with Lubricant A) – (Costs associated with Lubricant B). However, it is important to understand how to properly account for ALL of the costs of a lubricant. This article explains the primary factors to consider.
If not handled and stored properly, lubricating oils and greases can deteriorate or become contaminated. You can find a detailed explanation of indoor, outdoor and bulk storage recommendations here or contact your distributor for more information.
Opportunities to reduce your impact on the environment through lubrication selection or practices include:
- Upgrade to a lubricant that provides extended lubricant life
- Switch to a more energy efficient lubricant
- Choose lubricants that can help minimize environmental impact
- Get the most out of a used oil analysis program, like Mobil Serv™ Lubricant Analysis
- Identify and fix leaks
- Implement a lubricant recycling program