Marcol™ 52 is a colorless, odorless and tasteless purified mixture of liquid saturated hydrocarbons. The transparent oily liquid is obtained from petroleum through several refining stages, including an ultimate purification by catalytic hydrogenation. Some of its features include:
- Manufactured to exceed the purity requirements of the Pharmacopoeias
- Superior chemical inertness
- Better color and oxidative stability than most mineral and vegetable oils, when stored and used under controlled conditions.
ExxonMobil White oils are produced and controlled according to the exacting proprietary and industry standards.
PDS Data sheets
Marcol 52 can be used in a variety of food-contact, cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications (*), subject to the applicable laws and regulations in each country (**).
For the formulation specialist, Marcol 52 provides many practical advantages, including:
- Excellent skin compatibility, low irritancy and comedogenicity
- Very good balance between resistance to bacteria and final biodegradability, with minimal environmental impact
It is used in:
- Hair care products
- Neutral and protective diluents for other cosmetic ingredients such as essential oils
- Other applications such as make-ups and make-up removers
Pharmaceuticals and veterinary products
Marcol 52 offers a high level of safety, thanks to its high purity (absence of toxic polycyclic aromatics, heavy metals), the complete destruction of germs in the high temperature manufacturing process, and specific packaging and handling procedures. Common uses of Marcol 52 include:
- Adjuvant in vaccines for animals (cattle, chickens, and pigs) where its low viscosity offers optimal efficacy
- Gelatine capsule manufacture
(*) To limit ingestion and aspiration hazards, Marcol 52 should not be used in nasal, oral or lip care products, or as a food additive other than for food contact materials.
(**) User must check compliance with applicable regulations in each country.