Mobil Jet™ Oil II gas turbine lubricant helps airline set time-on-wing record
The customer: TUI fly airline
- German leisure airline owned by the TUI Group, the world’s leading tourism group
- Operates nearly 40 aircraft from 10 German bases to about 40 destinations
- Flies charter and scheduled flights to and from points in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and the Mediterranean
As a leading leisure airline, TUI fly’s success depends on providing its travelers with consistently comfortable, on-time and trouble-free flights. To this end, the airline set out to extend TUI fly’s time-on-wing for aircraft engines operating on regular flights from Palma de Mallorca, Spain, to Hannover, Germany.
To set this record, the airline needed a lubricant that would help:
- Control deposits
- Keep oil systems clean
- Extend engine life and reduce maintenance
TUI fly scientists and engineers decided to test Mobil Jet Oil II, a synthetic, Type II lubricant for aircraft-type gas-turbine engines. Formulated with a highly stable polyol ester base stock and unique additive system, the lubricant helps control deposits, keep oil systems clean, extend engine life and reduce engine maintenance.
The airline chose Mobil Jet Oil II gas turbine lubricant because of its 50-year history of outstanding performance as the lubricant of choice for many of the world’s leading airlines.
On May 10, 2012, TUI fly set a new time-on-wing record for an aircraft engine on the flight from Palma de Mallorca, Spain, to Hannover, Germany.
- The Boeing Next-Generation 737-800 aircraft accumulated 17,596 cycles and 50,005 hours without a shop visit for the Snecma CFM56-7B engine.
- The engine had been in service for more than 10 years.
- After-flight inspections found oil-wetted parts engine exceptionally clean.
For more information about how Mobil Jet Oil II gas turbine lubricant can help your fleet, contact your ExxonMobil aviation sales representative or fill out the form on our Contact Us page.
*This testimonial is based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary depending upon the type of aircraft used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.
These interactive schematics demonstrate our full nose-to-tail aviation fuels, oils, fluids and greases product offering for your commercial, general and military aircraft fleet.Explore