ExxonMobil has more than 50 years of heritage in supplying high-quality fuels to the marine industry. Quality, reliability and integrity are the three values that continue to define ExxonMobil’s global commitment to our customers.
Quality: Providing consistently high-quality fuels that deliver optimum performance
- We rigorously test fuels and blend components to ensure product stability and compatibility.
- ExxonMobil’s marine fuels are tested to strict standards before they leave the refinery or terminal, with systematic quality control throughout the entire supply chain.
- ExxonMobil products meet or exceed the new ISO 8217:2017 marine fuel specifications. For example, ISO 8217:2017 permits water content up to 0.5 per cent, but ExxonMobil marine fuel has an average of only 0.11 per cent globally.
Reliability: Delivering products safely and securely, when and where they are needed
- All ExxonMobil fuel is delivered by modern, double-hulled barges to help enhance operational safety.
- Any third-party vessel used by ExxonMobil for the delivery of bunker fuel is rigorously screened prior to each voyage. This helps to ensure that the vessel and crew uphold ExxonMobil’s exacting standards.
Integrity: Ensuring measurement accuracy throughout the supply chain
- ExxonMobil maintains the highest standard of integrity and ethics across all our operations. This commitment is demonstrated by our product measurement guidelines, which aim to provide globally applied best practice standards for all ExxonMobil marine fuel operations.
- Every stakeholder throughout the supply chain of an ExxonMobil marine fuels operation must demonstrate compliance with all procedures as specified in the product measurement guidelines and is subject to regular audits.
- ExxonMobil was the first marine supplier to deliver fuel via the Marine Port Authority-approved mass flow metering system, offering customers full transparency, consistent accuracy of measurement and security of the data. This service has now been extended to all our deliveries in Hong Kong.