Our synthetic lubricants offer significant advantages over mineral oils – especially under extreme temperatures and pressures. By optimising equipment performance, reducing maintenance costs and delivering more reliable operations, our range of synthetic lubricants can ultimately lead to an improved bottom line.
Increased wear protection
- Superior fluid film protection against metal-to-metal contact
- High shear stability – retaining film strength at high loads and high temperatures
- Reduced scuffing, pitting and rolling contact fatigue
Wide temperature range
- High viscosity indices – resisting changes in viscosity with temperature
- Wax-free formulation – maintaining fluid film protection at high temperatures
- Lower pour points and greater fluidity at low temperatures
Longer oil life
- Superior oxidative and thermal stability – reducing deposits and corrosion
- Free of unstable, degradation-prone molecules
- High resistance to oxidation, even under extremely high temperatures
- Low volatility – leading to lower oil consumption in engines
- Extended oil drain intervals, saving on product purchase and disposal costs
Additionally, the Mobil SHC™ Aware™ range of high-performance synthetic environmentally acceptable* lubricants protect shipboard equipment as part of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2013 US Vessel General Permit.
*Environmentally acceptable lubricants are defined in the VGP as lubricants that are biodegradable, minimally toxic and are not bioaccumulative.