ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™ fuel
ExxonMobil has developed a new category of fuels that meets Emission Control Area (ECA) requirements, and is designed to help reduce your operational complexity. Additional benefits of our ECA fuels include:
- Helping your vessels comply with the 2015 ECA sulphur limit of 0.10 per cent
- Providing quick, safe switchovers with heavy fuel oil (HFO), due to the viscosity and heating requirements
- A higher flashpoint than gas oil, providing safer operation of engines – and especially large boilers
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™ has received No Objection Letters from MAN Diesel & Turbo (MDT) and is currently used by a range of operators. It is available for vessels operating in the Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp (ARA) regions.
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50™ fuel meets and exceeds ISO 8217: 2017 RMD 80. This fuel also provides:
- No residual material, leading to cleaner engines* without cat-fines and low ash buildup
- Excellent ignition quality, as well as excellent lubricity
- Better volumetric energy content compared with MGO
Switching to a low-sulphur fuel presents new lubrication challenges when compared to the use of HFO. ExxonMobil has developed Mobilgard™ 525, a high-quality cylinder oil specially designed to support marine operators operating on 0.10 per cent sulphur fuel.
*Compared to heavy fuel oil
Interested in Learning more?
ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50 is an Emission Controlled Area (ECA) compliant fuel which combines some of the unique features of a heavy fuel oil (HFO) with those of a marine gas oil (MGO).
It has better ignition qualities compared with HFO and also possesses inherent lubricity characteristics. These characteristics ensure peak combustion and minimize wear on internal moving parts within the fuel system that rely on the fuel for lubrication. ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50 has a viscosity higher than MGO resulting in easier handling of fuel switch-over operations and also optimizing proper injection viscosity and fuel atomization with an increased engine operational efficiency. This also means that chillers are not required to be installed.
Mass flow metering system (MFMS)
ExxonMobil is the first accredited bunker fuel supplier to introduce a mass flow metering system (MFMS) in Singapore and Hong Kong to enhance the reliability and integrity of fuel quantity measurement.Learn more