ExxonMobil is the first accredited bunker fuel supplier to introduce a mass flow metering system (MFMS) in Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as one of the first to introduce a MFMS for marine gas oil (MGO) in Singapore. MFMS technology automatically monitors the mass flow, density and temperature throughout the bunker fuel delivery process.
ExxonMobil’s MFMS provides:
- Increased transparency – reducing the uncertainties associated with density, temperature and other factors like tank geometry. A MFMS is accurate to within +/- 0.5 percent
- Significant cost benefits – saving an estimated US $2,000* per fuel delivery by eliminating the possibility of human calculation errors from traditional tank dipping
- Significant time savings – offering the potential to save up to three hours per delivery**
- Enhanced system integrity – with independent certification of the calibration and security of the system's associated pipelines, valves, gauges and barge equipment. Tamper-evident seals are also installed throughout
- Increased traceability – with data logged throughout the entire delivery process, illustrating the fuel mass transferred at any point in time, offering a transparent and accurate measure of delivered fuel
One of the first suppliers to launch a MFMS for MGO in Singapore
Learn how ExxonMobil launched the system ahead of The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore’s (MPA) mandate that all distillates must be delivered by MFMS from July 1, 2019.Read press release
*Per 1,000MT stem size delivery at $300/MT. Includes surveyor costs, temperature delivery range and density delivery range but does not include dip tank measurement errors. A temperature measurement delta of 10°C amounts for up to US $2,100. A 3kg/m3 density difference amounts for up to US $1,000. These variables can be avoided by the use of a secure mass flow metering system, therefore negating the need of a quantity surveyor with an estimated cost of up to US $2,000.
†Comparison versus tank gauging.