Mobil Gargoyle™ Arctic 155 and 300 refrigeration oils
Mobil Gargoyle™ Arctic 155 and 300 are high-performance mineral oils formulated for refrigeration compressors, primarily intended for use in living space air conditioning and food storage applications.
Advantages of Mobil Gargoyle Arctic 155 and 300 oils may include:
- Excellent low-temperature flow and evaporator heat transfer to help optimise system efficiency
- Longer service life resulting in less downtime and lower maintenance costs
- Suitability for the lubrication of both cylinders and bearings to help reduce oil inventories
They are compatible with all refrigerants except sulphur dioxide and are not recommended for use with HFC refrigerants. To help ensure optimal performance, every precaution should be taken to keep these oils dry.
Mobil Gargoyle Arctic SHC™ 200 Series refrigeration oils
Our Mobil Gargoyle Arctic SHC™ 200 Series refrigerant oils are designed for use in refrigeration compressors and heat pumps.Learn more
Storage and Handling | Marine Lubricants | ExxonMobil Marine
Learn more about best practices for handling, storing and dispending ExxonMobil marine lubricants.
marine news and resources, PDF
Features and Benefits
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Low wax content||Excellent low temperature flow and evaporator heat transfer for optimum system efficiency|
|Good chemical stability||Long service life resulting in less downtime and lower maintenance costs|
|Multi-purpose lubricants||Suitability for the lubrication of both cylinders and bearings reduces oil inventories|
The Mobil Gargoyle Arctic Oil 155, 300, and Mobil Gargoyle Arctic C Heavy products are recommended for cylinder and bearing lubrication in most conventional refrigeration compressors and for other machinery operating at sub-zero temperatures. Typical applications include:
- Large industrial reciprocating and rotary refrigeration compressors.
- Industrial applications such as food freezing and cold storage plants
- Marine refrigeration applications
- Used primarily with ammonia refrigerant, but also used with selected halocarbons
|Mobil Gargoyle Arctic Series||Mobil Gargoyle Arctic Oil 155||Mobil Gargoyle Arctic C Heavy||Mobil Gargoyle Arctic Oil 300|
|ISO Viscosity Grade||32||46||68|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445, cSt @ 40 ºC||32.0||46.0||68.0|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-42||-39||-36|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||190||195||200|
|Specific Gravity @15 ºC/15 ºC, ASTM D 1298||0.91||0.91||0.91|
|Total Acid Number, ASTM D 974, mg KOH/g||0.01||0.01||0.01|
|Flocculation Point, R 12, DIN 51351, ºC||-36||-36||-31|