ExxonMobil is the first accredited bunker fuel supplier to introduce a mass flow metering system (MFMS) in Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as one of the first to introduce a MFMS for marine gas oil (MGO) in Singapore. MFMS technology automatically monitors the mass flow, density and temperature throughout the bunker fuel delivery process.
ExxonMobil’s MFMS provides:
- Increased transparency – reducing the uncertainties associated with density, temperature and other factors like tank geometry. A MFMS is accurate to within +/- 0.5 percent
- Significant cost benefits – saving an estimated US $2,000* per fuel delivery by eliminating the possibility of human calculation errors from traditional tank dipping
- Significant time savings – offering the potential to save up to three hours per delivery**
- Enhanced system integrity – with independent certification of the calibration and security of the system's associated pipelines, valves, gauges and barge equipment. Tamper-evident seals are also installed throughout
- Increased traceability – with data logged throughout the entire delivery process, illustrating the fuel mass transferred at any point in time, offering a transparent and accurate measure of delivered fuel
*Per 1,000MT stem size delivery at $300/MT. Includes surveyor costs, temperature delivery range and density delivery range but does not include dip tank measurement errors. A temperature measurement delta of 10°C amounts for up to US $2,100. A 3kg/m3 density difference amounts for up to US $1,000. These variables can be avoided by the use of a secure mass flow metering system, therefore negating the need of a quantity surveyor with an estimated cost of up to US $2,000.
†Comparison versus tank gauging.