ExxonMobil to Launch Next Generation Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring Service
ExxonMobil is launching a next generation cylinder condition monitoring service that will drive a new era of onboard lubricant analysis.
The Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service is designed to deliver actionable insights to operators in real-time to drive significant cost savings.
The scrape down oil analysis service leverages XRF technology to provide insights of operator’s engines, driving a range of benefits:
- Safe, fast, simple and accurate onboard sampling process with minimal preparation and no wet chemistry - reducing human error and handling of hazardous materials;
- Scan-and-go technology for easy registration of samples;
- A cloud-based platform allowing customers to receive real-time reports and actionable insights within minutes of sample submission;
- Tailored lubricant recommendations drawing on ExxonMobil’s extensive database of more than 500,000 data samples. This benchmarks vessel performance by engine type and operating conditions;
- A detailed suite of reporting tools which charts the customer’s realised and potential savings.
Using the service, operators will receive recommendations on feed rate and cylinder oil to optimise consumption. This can help avoid maintenance problems and unscheduled downtime and allows customers to act on recommendations quickly before they escalate into potentially catastrophic problems that can often lead to significant costs.
In addition, the next generation monitoring service will have the ability to measure the sulphur content of the vessel’s fuel, delivering further peace of mind that the fuel you have on board is compliant.
Mobil ServSM Cylinder Condition Monitoring will be available from July and is the latest addition to ExxonMobil’s comprehensive global services portfolio, Mobil Serv, launched last year.
To meet the needs of modern shipping, customers will be able to purchase this new service through a subscription that offers flexible payment terms.
Contact your local ExxonMobil lubricants representative for any questions, or to simply find out more about this service visit https://www.exxonmobil.com/en/marine/services/cylinder-condition-monitoring.