Game-changing next generation service provides operators with fast and actionable engine insights
- Easy-to-use platform and device makes sampling process quicker and safer, reducing human error and rapidly identifying potential engine issues
- Actionable insights can be delivered to operators in real-time to help achieve significant cost savings
- Ability to measure sulphur content of vessel’s fuel gives operators peace of mind and ensures compliance
London, 11th April 2018 – ExxonMobil has announced it will launch Mobil ServSM Cylinder Condition Monitoring, its next generation cylinder condition monitoring service. This industry leading service will drive a new era of onboard lubricant analysis. Designed to deliver significant cost savings for operators, the service will help manage and improve engine protection and optimise performance.
The scrape down oil analysis service leverages innovative XRF technology to provide operators with rapid, detailed insights for their engine, driving a range of benefits:
- Safe, fast, simple and accurate onboard sampling process with minimal preparation and no wet chemistry - reducing human error and handling of hazardous materials;
- Scan-and-go technology for easy registration of samples;
- A cloud-based platform allowing customers to receive real-time reports on engine health and provide actionable insights within minutes of sample submission;
- Tailored lubricant recommendations from ExxonMobil’s extensive database of more than 500,000 data samples, benchmarking vessel performance by engine type and operating conditions;
- A detailed suite of reporting tools which charts the customer’s realised and potential savings.
By using Mobil Serv Cylinder Condition Monitoring, operators will receive recommendations on feed rate and cylinder oil to optimise engine lubricant consumption. This enables customers to act on recommendations quickly before they escalate into potentially catastrophic problems that can often lead to significant costs.
In addition, this next generation monitoring service will have the ability to measure the sulphur content of the vessel’s fuel. This has never been more important – in the lead up to the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) 2020 global 0.5% sulphur cap and existing 0.1% sulphur limit in the Emission Control Areas (ECAs) this gives operators peace of mind that the fuel they have on board is compliant.
“We have designed this next generation service to support our customers with the evolving challenges they face. Using the onboard service, they will benefit from accurate analysis of their engine’s performance in real-time which will help them make smart decisions and, ultimately, lead to efficient vessel operation.” said Pamela Skaufel, Director, ExxonMobil Aviation and Marine Lubricants.
“Vessel operators are under increased pressure to improve efficiency and drive cost reduction initiatives.” said Iain White, Global Field Engineer, ExxonMobil Marine. “This next generation scrape down oil analysis service can identify issues such as over or under-lubrication, cold corrosion and the presence of cat fines. But crucially, this can happen quicker than ever before with our next generation service. Customers will receive recommendations that can be immediately addressed, allowing them to correct inefficiencies and reduce downtime that potentially lead to significant cost savings.”
Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring will be available from July 2018 and is the latest addition to ExxonMobil’s comprehensive global services portfolio, Mobil Serv℠, launched last year.
To meet the needs of modern shipping, customers will be able to purchase this new service through a subscription that offers flexible payment terms.
To find out more about ExxonMobil’s Mobil Serv Cylinder Condition Monitoring service, visit https://www.exxonmobil.com/en/marine/services/cylinder-condition-monitoring.
ExxonMobil uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, and is one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/exxonmobil.