The customer: Japan Airlines
- Prides itself on punctuality
- Enviable track record for fleet efficiency
- On-time arrival rate of 89% for domestic and international flights in 2015
- Named the world’s best airline for its on-time performance service by FlightStats Inc.
To improve upon Japan Airlines’ coveted record and reputation of performing at the highest standards of operational efficiency and safety, JAL and ExxonMobil scientists and engineers set out to improve fleet performance and lifespan and to minimize aircraft downtime.
JAL and ExxonMobil scientists and engineers joined forces in 2011 to conduct a service evaluation for Mobil Jet Oil 387 jet turbine oil in the first such effort by a major airline. ExxonMobil lubrication experts encouraged the airline to test Mobil Jet Oil 387 lubricant because it is formulated to:
- Withstand high operating temperatures compared to a Standard Type II oil
- Protect against coking while being gentle on elastomers*
- Provide deposit control and protection against coking in rear bearings to ensure that engines operate as efficiently as possible
- Protect integrated drive generators (IDGs) and auxiliary power units (APUs)
Given its ability to help streamline inventory and deliver a wide range of performance benefits, Japan Airlines followed ExxonMobil’s technical guidance and converted to Mobil Jet Oil 387 turbine oil as a fleetwide solution for its aircraft.
*Based on ExxonMobil laboratory data and documented experience from service evaluations in the same or related engine technologies.
This testimonial is based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary depending upon the type of aircraft used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.
After recording and evaluating nearly 80,000 hours of on-wing time, JAL and ExxonMobil technicians found:
- Clean engine appearance
- Exceptional deposit control, seal compatibility and wear protection
- Dramatically reduced coking in gas turbine bearing components
For more information about how Mobil Jet Oil 387 can help your fleet, contact your ExxonMobil aviation sales representative or fill out the form on our Contact Us page.
© 2019 ExxonMobil. All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Mobil Jet™ Oil 387
Proactively developed to respond to the evolving needs of our customers and the industry, Mobil Jet Oil 387 jet turbine oil is the most advanced turbine oil we have ever developed.Learn More
These interactive schematics demonstrate our full nose-to-tail aviation fuels, oils, fluids and greases product offering for your commercial, general and military aircraft fleet.Learn More