Mobilgard™ 5100 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 5100 advanced cylinder oil is designed for two-stroke marine diesel engines operating on heavy fuel oil. It is engineered to help prevent cold corrosion – and reduce maintenance and operational costs – in modern and slow-steaming engines.
Designed to meet the demands of the latest modern engines, Mobilgard 5100 cylinder oil offers:
- Balanced formulation to protect against liner and piston wear, and help maximise engine cleanliness
- Exceptional deposit control, oxidation stability and acid neutralisation to help prevent cold corrosion
- Help in optimising engine performance and cylinder oil feed rates
- Help to reduce maintenance costs and lengthen piston overhaul intervals
For maximum results, we recommend using our Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service with Mobilgard 5100 cylinder oil to help optimise engine performance.
Mobilgard 5100 oil has received No Objection Letters from MAN Diesel & Turbo, WinGD (formerly Wärtsilä) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.Compared to 70 BN oils, Mobilgard 5100 oil helped reduce cylinder oil consumption in corrosive engines by up to 30%**. Mobilgard 5100 oil successfully protects engines when operating at the engine builders’ recommended minimum feed rates. Based on MAN recommendations for engines Mark 8.1 and above. Actual performance may vary based on engine type and condition, fuel sulphur and operating conditions.
Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring
Our advanced, next-generation condition monitoring service designed to improve your engine performance.Learn more
Pure car/truck carrier vessel cuts cylinder oil feed rate by 18.75%
Learn how Mobil Serv™ Cylinder Condition Monitoring helped Hawaiian Highway cut its cylinder oil feed rate by 18.75% and safely reduce its consumption of Mobilgard™ 5100 cylinder oil by 11,880 litres.
Save engine oil reduce consumption, PDF
Storage and Handling | Marine Lubricants | ExxonMobil Marine
Learn more about best practices for handling, storing and dispending ExxonMobil marine lubricants.
marine news and resources, PDF
Mobilgard™ 5100 Cylinder Oil Eliminates Cold Corrosion | ExxonMobil Marine
ExxonMobil engineers implemented Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring, in conjunction with MobilGard™ cylinder oils, to help a vessel control cold corrosion.
mitigate the effects of old corrosion with cylinder oil, PDF
Marine engine cold corrosion | ExxonMobil marine
marine news and resources
Features and Benefits
- Excellent corrosion protection in newer, more demanding engine types during slow steaming operation.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability can lead to reduced deposits and sludge formation. Cleaner engines can lead to reduced component wear rates.
- Exceptional anti-wear properties lead to potentially reduced liner and ring wear and excellent anti-scuffing control.
- Outstanding detergency capability leads to potentially cleaner pistons and liners and can help extend periods between overhauls.
- Marine crosshead engines
Specifications and Approvals
|Meets OEM requirements|
|MAN Diesel and Turbo||X|
|Specific Gravity at 15ºC||0.953|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||244|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-24|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445||
|cSt, at 40 ºC||242|
|cSt, at 100 ºC||21.1|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||103|
|TBN, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896||100|