Mobilgard™ 5100 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 5100 advanced cylinder oil is designed for two-stroke marine diesel engines operating on heavy fuel oil. It is engineered to help prevent cold corrosion – and reduce maintenance and operational costs – in modern and slow-steaming engines.
Designed to meet the demands of the latest modern engines, Mobilgard 5100 cylinder oil offers:
- Balanced formulation to protect against liner and piston wear, and help maximise engine cleanliness
- Exceptional deposit control, oxidation stability and acid neutralisation to help prevent cold corrosion
- Help in optimising engine performance and cylinder oil feed rates
- Help to reduce maintenance costs and lengthen piston overhaul intervals
For maximum results, we recommend using our Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service with Mobilgard 5100 cylinder oil to help optimise engine performance.
Mobilgard 5100 oil has received No Objection Letters from MAN Diesel & Turbo, WinGD (formerly Wärtsilä) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Compared to 70 BN oils, Mobilgard 5100 oil helped reduce cylinder oil consumption in corrosive engines by up to 30%**. Mobilgard 5100 oil successfully protects engines when operating at the engine builders’ recommended minimum feed rates. Based on MAN recommendations for engines Mark 8.1 and above. Actual performance may vary based on engine type and condition, fuel sulphur and operating conditions.
Interested in Learning more?
- Excellent corrosion protection in newer, more demanding engine types during slow steaming operation.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability can lead to reduced deposits and sludge formation. Cleaner engines can lead to reduced component wear rates.
- Exceptional anti-wear properties lead to potentially reduced liner and ring wear and excellent anti-scuffing control.
- Outstanding detergency capability leads to potentially cleaner pistons and liners and can help extend periods between overhauls.
Mobilgard 410 NC
Mobilgard 410 NC (No Chlorine) engine oil is a non-zinc and non-chlorine lubricant specifically formulated with an Electro Motive Diesel (EMD) and General Electric (GE) endorsed additive technology to meet requirements of heavily loaded diesel engines manufactured by EMD and used in marine applications.
Mobilgard 525 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 525 is a marine diesel engine cylinder oil for crosshead engines running low and ultra-low sulphur distillate fuels and meets the requirements of Wartsila engines.
Mobilgard 560 VS
Mobilgard™ 560 VS by ExxonMobil is a high performance, marine diesel engine cylinder oil designed for use in crosshead engines running heavy fuel with sulfur levels from 0.5-4%.
Lubricants Ports directory
Use the lubricants ports and services directory to view our offer.
Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring
Our advanced, next-generation condition monitoring service designed to improve your engine performance.
MobilGard™ is the flagship of marine engine oils from ExxonMobil. It is supported by over 60 years of engineering excellence and lubrication technology.