Mobilgard™ 570 cylinder oil
Mobilgard™ 570 cylinder oil is designed to optimise the performance of two-stroke marine diesel engines operating on heavy fuel oil with a sulphur content of up to 3.5 per cent. It can help improve operation of engines suffering from low levels of corrosion.
Mobilgard 570 oil helps deliver:
- Optimised engine performance and cylinder oil feed rates
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability, which can lead to reduced deposits
- Outstanding deposit control to keep engine components clean
For maximum results, we recommend using our Mobil Serv℠ Cylinder Condition Monitoring service with Mobilgard 570 cylinder oil to help optimise engine performance and feed rates.
Mobilgard 570 oil is suitable for the majority of engines in operation today and has received No Objection Letters from MAN Diesel & Turbo, Wärtsilä and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Mobilgard™ 5100 cylinder oil
Enhances the performance of two-stroke marine diesel engines operating on heavy fuel oil and helps prevent corrosion.Learn more
Features and Benefits
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability can lead to reduced deposits and sludge formation. Cleaner engines can lead to reduced component wear rates.
- Exceptional anti-wear properties lead to potentially reduced liner and ring wear and excellent anti-scuffing control.
- Outstanding detergency capability leads to potentially cleaner pistons and liners and can help extend periods between overhauls.
- Marine crosshead engines
Specifications and Approvals
|Meets OEM requirements|
|MAN Diesel and Turbo||X|
|Specific Gravity at 15ºC||0.937|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||256|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-9|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445||
|cSt, at 40 ºC||222|
|cSt, at 100 ºC||20|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||104|
|TBN, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896||70|