Mobil SHC™ Rarus Series
Mobil SHC™ Rarus 32, Mobil SHC™ Rarus 46 and Mobil SHC™ Rarus 68 next-generation synthetic compressor oils have been formulated for use with rotary screw and vane air compressors and turbochargers.
Mobil SHC Rarus Series offers up to three times the life of other synthetic compressor oils*, which can help extend drain intervals, reduce maintenance downtime and cut waste oil disposal costs.
Mobil SHC Rarus Series provides the following advantages & potential benefits*:
- Outstanding equipment protection, longer oil life, helping to reduce maintenance downtime
- Protection from wear, rust and corrosion, even under harsh service conditions
- Exceptional oxidative and thermal stability – which combats sludge varnish and deposit formation
- Excellent performance in a wide operating temperature range
It is not suitable for air compressors used in breathing air applications.
*In a proprietary test using a compressor at 130°C, ExxonMobil compared performance of Mobil SHC Rarus Series oils with that of five leading compressor oils. Mobil SHC Rarus demonstrated up to triple the oil life of the other oils tested.
Mobil SHC™ Rarus Series
Mobil SHC™ Rarus 32, Mobil SHC™ Rarus 46 and Mobil SHC™ Rarus 68 next-generation synthetic compressor oils have been formulated for use with rotary screw and vane air compressors and turbochargers.Learn more
Storage and Handling | Marine Lubricants | ExxonMobil Marine
Learn more about best practices for handling, storing and dispending ExxonMobil marine lubricants.
marine news and resources, PDF
Features and Benefits
- Outstanding thermal / oxidation stability help to provide up to three times oil drain interval versus a leading synthetic compressor oil and reduce maintenance downtime
- Excellent varnish and sludge control helps to deliver cleanliness and extended compressor oil life
- High performance synthetic base stocks with high viscosity index enables wide temperature range capability and effective lubrication at high temperatures
- High load carrying capability protects equipment and extends life, helps minimize unexpected downtime and extend service periods
- Exceptional resistance to rusting and corrosion, very good antiwear, demulsibility, foam control and air release and multi-metal compatibility
- Excellent water separability helps reduce carryover to downstream equipment, reduce sludge formation in crankcases and discharge lines, helps reduce blockage of coalescers, coolers and less potential for emulsion formation
- Mobil SHC Rarus Series are primarily for rotary screw and vane air compressor, very effective in screw type compressors with oil injection cooling; compressors with a history of excess oil degradation, poor valve performance or deposit formation
- Compressors operating under severe conditions, particularly effective for continuous high temperature operation with discharge temperatures up to 200ºC
- Compressor systems with critical gears and bearings
- Not for air compressors used in breathing air applications
- Compatible with all metals used in compressor construction and with conventional mineral oil-based air compressor oils but mixture with other oils may detract from the total performance capability
|Mobil SHC Rarus Series||32||46||68|
|ISO Viscosity Grade||32||46||68|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 93||204||197||192|
|Specific Gravity 15ºC/15ºC, ASTM D 1298||0.8779||0.8676||0.865|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445||
|cSt @ 40º C||30.6||44.1||65.3|
|cSt @ 100º C||5.6||7.1||9.7|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270, min||123||122||129|
|Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874||Orange liquid||Orange liquid||Orange liquid|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, ASTM D130,24 h @ 100ºC||1B||1B||1B|
|Rust Characteristics Proc B, ASTM D 665||Pass||Pass||Pass|
|Pour Point, ASTM D 97, ºC, max||-42||-42||-39|
Providing you with reliable, cost-effective solutions
Our services help reduce feed rates and consumption, helping increase the reliability of shipboard equipment and minimise maintenance costs.Learn more