ExxonMobil launches Mobil Serv℠ Oil Drain Optimization Program
The insight was the catalyst for its new Mobil Serv℠ Oil Drain Optimization Program, a bespoke offer designed to meet the individual needs of high speed engine vessel operators.
ExxonMobil’s latest insights from its next generation Mobil Serv℠ Lubricant Analysis service, has revealed that up to two thirds of high-speed engine vessel operators1 are missing out on a variety of potential benefits from oil drain optimisation, including reduced lubricant expenditure and minimised used oil disposal costs.
As part of the service, these vessel operators will receive:
- Support in identifying the right lubricant and its optimal drain interval, customised to match their operational characteristics and business needs
- Oil monitoring, to help improve engine reliability and a related reduction in avoidable maintenance
Sindo Ferry, the largest ferry operator in Singapore, recently explored oil drain optimisation with ExxonMobil. The aim was to reduce expenditure without compromising reliability. The programme far exceeded its original cost-cutting objective, delivering multiple benefits, including2:
- Oil drain intervals more than doubled
- Operating cost came down by 30% – 46% per engine
- An estimated savings of 59% of operating costs related to oil and filters
Click here and find out more about ExxonMobil’s Mobil Serv Oil Drain Optimization Program.
1 According to 14,000 Mobil Serv℠ Lubricant Analysis samples, taken from 1,800 marine high speed diesel engines, 75% of vessel operators are changing their oil at or below OEM recommended oil drain intervals (after 250-500 hours). However, according to this data just 11% of these vessels actually required an oil change.
2 Based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary depending on the type of equipment used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.